07-21-2022, 11:31 AM
Chuck... I used to shoot a lot of 3 gun. Having both eyes open was imperative when running short range stages. When shooting long ranges like 500 meter silhouette or High Power rifle matches, closing my non-dominate eye or using an opaque lens in my shooting glasses didn't seem to matter much fatigue wise. Never really noticed any eye fatigue when shooting long range.
That was when I was younger before cataracts. Now days, after cataract surgery, eye fatigue could be a factor. I was at an indoor range not long ago & found I had to rest my eyes a couple of times during my revolver shooting session. I also found it was hard to keep both eyes open. I know you're approaching my age (75, soon to be 76) so I would suspect you might have had the same problems with your eyes.
When it comes to shooting at whatever distance, do what seems to come natural. MHO...
That was when I was younger before cataracts. Now days, after cataract surgery, eye fatigue could be a factor. I was at an indoor range not long ago & found I had to rest my eyes a couple of times during my revolver shooting session. I also found it was hard to keep both eyes open. I know you're approaching my age (75, soon to be 76) so I would suspect you might have had the same problems with your eyes.
When it comes to shooting at whatever distance, do what seems to come natural. MHO...
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

