06-29-2022, 06:37 PM
Double Naught Spy Wrote:Previously, I posted the results of testing some Partition 125 gr. bullets on hogs with a pretty good sample size. While those bullets did perform fairly well, I didn't think they were achieving their full potential at Grendel Velocities.
https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthre...tition+100
Enter the Partition 100s. I have now killed, recovered, and necropsied 5 hogs killed with these bullets (fairly small sample so far, I know). HOLY COW what a difference velocity (MV 2790 fps) seems to be making. The bullets are entering, expanding rapidly often with a very impressive permanent wound cavity after open that continues on for 2-4" and then tapers to a reasonable finger sized wound cavity (when I can find it). It is like somebody went in with a melon baller and removed a golf ball or raquet ball volume of flesh (neck shots)/ Hitting bone after opening seems to be no problem in terms of penetration. I have not hit any heavy bone at entry, before the bullet would expanded, to know how that would affect anything, however.
I have yet to recover a bullet or even a fragment thereof. Previously with the 125s, I got some partial recovered primarily thanks to using a metal detector. All these seem to exit in totality, or any pieces left behind are just too small to detect. With all the bone, including heavy bone hit, I would have thought there would be pieces left behind. Nope, none so far. On the last hog, I could not find an exit and I could not find the bullet or fragments visually or with the metal detector.
So, I am very impressed so far, realizing of course that this is a small sample size. I need to try shooting some hogs in different places from different angles to see if the pattern of performance holds up. I specifically need a solid entry on a humerus or shoulder joint to see how an immediate impact on heavy bone influences the bullet.
The first two videos listed right now (#50 and #49) are the Partition 100s videos. The videos themselves won't work because they are age-protected and you have to go to YouTube anyway to verify age (yaddy yaddy yaddy). There should be more to come.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqJoGl...33hGPI312w
Thanks for all you do. FYI I just got a box of Underwood Ammo, 65 Grendel, with the 110 gr. LeHigh bullet loaded to, they say, 2800 fps. In the remarks section a guy with a Sanders 18" upper said he got 2800 out of his rig with 1/2 inch groups. Going along with your 100 gr. Part. these folks seem to be getting the max from our little giant killer.
"Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

