06-11-2022, 04:03 PM
I have two of the Faxon Group Buy barrels sold by BFT. These two barrels (16 & 18) are really close in using a seating depth comparator with different bullets. I have checked 8 different 6.5 Grendel barrels and my two Faxon Monster barrels appear to be very consistent in manufacture. Granted this is comparing two Faxon to a J&T, Shilen, two Brownells Liberty barrels with compound throat, Lothar Walther and a 12 Monster by Green Mountain. The two faxon barrels had the same seating depth or within a couple thousandths which impressed me.
I used the exact same bullets for all the barrels and exact same procedure to measure the seating depth with each barrel. This could be a fluke but comparing the numbers the Faxon appear to be consistent and in spec. The Brownells had short chambers and was very obvious comparing them to the other barrels.
I used the exact same bullets for all the barrels and exact same procedure to measure the seating depth with each barrel. This could be a fluke but comparing the numbers the Faxon appear to be consistent and in spec. The Brownells had short chambers and was very obvious comparing them to the other barrels.

