Centering and Relaxation Techniques
#39
Zeneffect Wrote:None during as I tend to go deaf when I'm behind a scope and its already hard enough to hear range officer/match director or the 10 min timer. Before, anything slower paced that I know the lyrics to which isn't much so usually some CCR.

He, he. Didn't mean whilst shooting!

CCR eh?

Well, you got taste -- for sure.

I don't use music before a shooting competition. Instead I use relaxation and centering techniques but that's me. However, if I am cycling or nordic skiing for time, I will run songs or tunes in my mind as an external distractor from the effort I am putting out. I will still go inside once in a while to check that everything is working in sync with everything else and may adjust pace based on the feedback I get but most of my attention is directed outward.

When shooting I have a complete external attentional focus -- sight picture and shot.

Do like CCR though. Nothing compares today.

LR-55
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 08-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Klem - 08-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by JASmith - 08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Klem - 08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by rwh - 08-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 08-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 08-12-2016, 12:30 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Klem - 08-12-2016, 01:28 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Drift - 08-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Rickc - 09-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Jakal - 09-11-2016, 02:18 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 09-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Klem - 09-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by 37L1 - 09-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Sinclair - 11-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 11-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Sinclair - 11-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 11-05-2018, 12:26 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Sinclair - 11-05-2018, 02:47 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 11-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 01-10-2020, 01:20 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by JASmith - 01-11-2020, 03:21 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by Klem - 01-11-2020, 03:37 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 01-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 05-22-2022, 12:41 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 05-22-2022, 12:43 PM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by LR1955 - 05-23-2022, 01:02 AM
Centering and Relaxation Techniques - by CJW - 05-31-2022, 11:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)