05-11-2022, 12:45 AM
fdbyrne78 Wrote:Good suggestion. I forgot to mention that I pulled the ejector and rounded the edges. I checked it up in a drill press and ran a fine diamond file over the edges. It didn't help which really pissed me off because I was sure that was it. I then pulled out the spring and clipped a couple coils. After that I still had the marks but ejection was really weak. Most of the brass landed on the shooting bench with one stovepipe which had never happened before.
After that I tried a different bolt in the same carrier. When that didn't help I threw in the BCG from my 16" BA upper that has no issues and again, no change.
I have to admit, I did a lot of checking things and rechecking things since my last post because I really feel like I should be able to figure this out and I honestly hate asking for help.
I may try loading them another 0.020" shorter and trying again. I've never measured neck tension so I guess it's possible that I don't have the jump I think I do after the bolt cycles.
What brass and what full length sizeing die are you useing?

