Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Coyote eating Fawn
#1
Stepped out last night and saw what I thought was a deer lying down out in front of my house. I scanned around, and when I came back across that spot, the deer was instead a coyote eating something. He was on the other side of a "field wire" fence. I have a very bright security light in front, and he kept looking up at me, then back to eating.
The only position I could get to without being busted was about 115 yds away, from
the yote, shooting at a 20 degree angle to the fence. I figured at that narrow angle, I would hit a fence wire and probably miss the yote. But,,,the old man got lucky again. I aimed center mass and it wound up hitting him in the gut just ahead of the rear ham. The 123 sst made a terrible mess on the exit. The fawn was one I had seen where I feed'em in the evenings. He had "food impaction" and apparently the arterial worms that cause it made him weak and sickly. I don't know if the yote killed it, or found it dead. First time I had seen anything like this. Pictures are nasty, so beware.








[ATTACH=CONFIG]18741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18744[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                       
       
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Coyote eating Fawn - by gwtx - 03-16-2022, 03:45 AM
Coyote eating Fawn - by kmon - 03-16-2022, 02:06 PM
Coyote eating Fawn - by Double Naught Spy - 03-16-2022, 05:11 PM
Coyote eating Fawn - by gwtx - 03-16-2022, 08:28 PM
Coyote eating Fawn - by BigTee - 03-17-2022, 01:19 AM
Coyote eating Fawn - by myrifle - 03-17-2022, 01:49 AM
Coyote eating Fawn - by sundowner - 03-17-2022, 03:32 AM
Coyote eating Fawn - by Two Tone - 03-17-2022, 06:05 AM
Coyote eating Fawn - by TomSawyerNW - 03-18-2022, 12:26 PM
Coyote eating Fawn - by ricsmall - 03-18-2022, 12:51 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)