Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hogs in Ranch Traffic and at Long Distance
#16
JTPinTX Wrote:I absolutely agree with DNS I would rather shoot between cows and have them closer vs having them off down range somewhere. Once a bullet bounces they can do all kinds of crazy things, go directions that are totally unpredictable.

Yeah, also part of the reason I like frangible bullets. The fragments tend not to carry energy or velocity very well and reduce the danger to down range objects even further. Still, the best way to go is to not have anything potentially down range.

As far as I can tell, there are very few bullets that just won't overpenetrate animals of various sizes and still be effective on the larger ones. So it isn't if, but when the bullets overpenetration, what are they going to do...
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hogs in Ranch Traffic and at Long Distance - by Double Naught Spy - 03-15-2022, 12:44 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)