03-12-2022, 05:31 AM
H4895, CFE223 and Leverevolution all work well in the Grendel with 130gr bullets.
I use CFE223 after getting some good loads with it I bought several more pounds of the same lot. The only Berger bullets I have worked up loads for were with CFE223 and Berger 130 OTM and 129gr Nosler LRAB. 30.6 gr with 2.265 COAL in Lapua brass gave me a bit over 2500 (98 degree day) from the 22 inch boltaction with half MOA or better accuracy. Now that is in a bolt action but others have reported that as being at or near the top in their ARs. My AR is its most accurate with 30.3gr CFE223.
H4895 is another good powder for it though a little less on velocity it is more temp stable.
Nosler lists 31gr as top load for CFE and 129 and 130 gr bullets. I had stopped at 30.9 on testing as accuracy was headed the wrong direction and worked up those lads before much data was available and tried it in the AR after more data came out.
I use CFE223 after getting some good loads with it I bought several more pounds of the same lot. The only Berger bullets I have worked up loads for were with CFE223 and Berger 130 OTM and 129gr Nosler LRAB. 30.6 gr with 2.265 COAL in Lapua brass gave me a bit over 2500 (98 degree day) from the 22 inch boltaction with half MOA or better accuracy. Now that is in a bolt action but others have reported that as being at or near the top in their ARs. My AR is its most accurate with 30.3gr CFE223.
H4895 is another good powder for it though a little less on velocity it is more temp stable.
Nosler lists 31gr as top load for CFE and 129 and 130 gr bullets. I had stopped at 30.9 on testing as accuracy was headed the wrong direction and worked up those lads before much data was available and tried it in the AR after more data came out.

