SDW Wrote:Respectfully, I think you forgot to say HOW elevation makes a difference exactly. You followed up that statement with a list of scopes you have on various rifles but no info one what you used. i.e. what worked best where.
The air is thinner and where we were shooting it was easy to see our steel targets or prairie dogs. The higher elevation at 1000 yards made seeing a target at 1000 yards easier with my 6.5-20 scope plus I could easily see my misses. At 1000 yards at 400 ASL it is more difficult to see the same target because of the thicker air, humidity, mirage and vegetation. I personally like having higher magnification on my longer barrels and on my shorter rifles I like lower magnified optics with less bulk.
It really helps to use different scopes in your own area to find out what works best for you in your conditions.

