03-11-2022, 01:45 AM
Sorry that I am 5 years too late to get in on this thread, BUT I would love to hear the skinny on all three Hornady 123 boolits now, after this five year old thread. I shoot all three of these boolits exclusively. I do have a very hard time seeing any difference at all. All three are sub moa @100 yards. When I shoot 200 I have to give a very very slight edge to the ELD. The A-Max may have even a lesser advantage over the other 2 @300 yards. I am shooting a Sanders Armory 18 inch upper. It shoots. I have a box of Federal that I am going to try out as well. My friends range has 3- 1000 yard lanes. I am going to shoot 500 first, and maybe try 1000 If all goes well @500. Now I am hearing that 100 and 110 grain boolits are opening eyes. Any response would be appreciated. OH BTW I have seen a few stories about a stray 6.8 boolit showing up in the A-Max 6.5 grendel boxes.I check them all. I just bought 311 rounds of A-max today for a smokin deal. $265. I had to drive 10 miles to get them. I bet that is a rare deal. He sold his Ruger 6.5Grendel bolt. My gain. The A-Max are hard to come by. Almost as cheap as hand loading. Thanks for any reply

