Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX
#2
The chronograph will show the pressures long before the brass and primers will. Look for when you get an unexpected velocity jump that is a pressure spike. In the Grendel when you are seeing brass signs you are normally over pressue for an AR-15.

Be careful with Barnes bullets in the Grendel. I shot 3 does and 1 buck with them and they will not expand unless you hit bone. I had one doe shot in the lungs she ran 30yds and bedded up where I could see her but not get a shot. I watched her for the 2 hours it took her to bleed out. On cleaning the bullet entered between ribs and exited between ribs. No expansion solid center lung shot. No blood except where she was bedded. 2 of the 4 deer had these types of results. The other 2 were in the head so it did not matter. I quit using them after watching that doe die. Accurate, but unless you hit the bone they are worthless.

Now I shoot Nosler BT and killed over 200 deer and pigs with them. (MLD permitted lease and I was stacking does). On those I had the bullet fail 2/3 of the time (too much expansion) and those animals never moved a step. The other 1/3 the bullet worked perfectly and all were down within 50yds, dead.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by White Smoke - 03-03-2022, 07:33 AM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by outbreaker - 03-03-2022, 01:00 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by White Smoke - 03-03-2022, 06:12 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by outbreaker - 03-03-2022, 10:02 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by LRRPF52 - 03-03-2022, 10:06 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by outbreaker - 03-04-2022, 12:56 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by Oso Polaris - 03-04-2022, 03:15 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by Oso Polaris - 03-04-2022, 03:16 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by SCJim - 03-04-2022, 03:49 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by grayfox - 03-04-2022, 09:48 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by Happy2Shoot - 03-04-2022, 09:56 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by Harpoon1 - 03-04-2022, 11:20 PM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by Happy2Shoot - 03-05-2022, 12:51 AM
H322 and the Barnes 115 TAC-TX - by Harpoon1 - 03-05-2022, 01:46 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)