02-27-2022, 09:49 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2022, 09:52 PM by Oso Polaris.)
Velocity Wrote:Got up today made my coffee and went to my reloading room, deleted the spreadsheet I used for the last two days, put the Sinclair and Whidden gauges away. Only using the Hornady Gauges today, using so many gauges got me all screwed up and I kept fighting it.
All you guys that came to help, I really appreciate you jumping into that tornado of confusion I created. What a 2 day ride.
Starting over today, I made 5 separate measurements to get the case base to lands measurement, my CBTO and a COAL for a 90 gr. TNT bullet. Those numbers are; CBTO 1.813" and COAL 2.313".
Then I loaded a dummy round and using Speers data sheet for a 90 gr. TNT with an OAL 2.260" which gave me a ogive number of 1.749".
Subtracting both CBTO's
1.813"
1.749"
.064" jump using a 90 gr. TNT bullet
Is this correct or am I starting another TORNATO?
You are over-thinking it. You have One Definitive Limitation/Constant: Magazine Length (2.26" COAL), which is the universal limitation for reloading AR15s. Load the 90gr TNT to magazine length and see how it shoots. You only have one solution to your "Jump" concerns and that is to increase the amount of jump.... no way to shorten it without a custom throated barrel.

