02-26-2022, 03:12 PM
Lets forget the tool!
I am trying to find the seating depth (CBTO) of this barrel for a 90gr. TNT bullet.
How do I do it? Just like everyone else does.
1) I take a fire case from my chamber
2) Put a bullet in to the case neck (snag fit)
3) Push cartridge in chamber until it's seated
4) Remove cartridge and measure
CBTO measurements reads as follows:
1.7420" for a 90gr. TNT bullet
1.7689" for a 120gr, Gold Dot
1.7210" for a 123gr. SST
1.7220" for a 129gr. SST
1.7320" for a 120gr. Lapua Scenar-L
COAL measurements reads as follows:
2.3180" for a 90gr. TNT bullet
2.3950" for a 120gr, Gold Dot
2.3790" for a 123gr. SST
2.3860" for a 129gr. SST
2.3050" for a 120gr. Lapua Scenar-L
The barrel is new and I shot it 4 times for case measurements.
The only question I'm going to ask is;
Do the above numbers indicate the barrel is for an AR-15 or a Bolt rifle?
Thank you, I am sorry for all the previous confusion.
I am trying to find the seating depth (CBTO) of this barrel for a 90gr. TNT bullet.
How do I do it? Just like everyone else does.
1) I take a fire case from my chamber
2) Put a bullet in to the case neck (snag fit)
3) Push cartridge in chamber until it's seated
4) Remove cartridge and measure
CBTO measurements reads as follows:
1.7420" for a 90gr. TNT bullet
1.7689" for a 120gr, Gold Dot
1.7210" for a 123gr. SST
1.7220" for a 129gr. SST
1.7320" for a 120gr. Lapua Scenar-L
COAL measurements reads as follows:
2.3180" for a 90gr. TNT bullet
2.3950" for a 120gr, Gold Dot
2.3790" for a 123gr. SST
2.3860" for a 129gr. SST
2.3050" for a 120gr. Lapua Scenar-L
The barrel is new and I shot it 4 times for case measurements.
The only question I'm going to ask is;
Do the above numbers indicate the barrel is for an AR-15 or a Bolt rifle?
Thank you, I am sorry for all the previous confusion.

