02-25-2022, 10:33 PM
SCJim
Watched the vidoes, they are like the other 10+ videos I've watch. I even made me a gauge like the Hornady Length Gauge, and I use it. I may be mixing apples and oranges here and that may be the confusion. All my reading and video watching hasn't answered my question. If I want to back off the lands .020" or bump my headspace a .002" how can I do that when my gauged length is 2.3180" COAL or CBTO is 1.7420" using a 90 gr. projectile those measurements leave only .079" of projectile in the case. Is that all that's needed to go 600 yards? Here are my measurements with my home made gauge and also backed up by the Sinclair Bullet Seating Depth Tool within .002-.003":
Case fired once: 1.5050"
90gr. Projectile: + .8920"
COAL: 2.3970"
Gauge COAL: - 2.3180"
Projectile in case: 0.079"
Do those numbers seem right?
The cartridge is longer than the magazine.
Watched the vidoes, they are like the other 10+ videos I've watch. I even made me a gauge like the Hornady Length Gauge, and I use it. I may be mixing apples and oranges here and that may be the confusion. All my reading and video watching hasn't answered my question. If I want to back off the lands .020" or bump my headspace a .002" how can I do that when my gauged length is 2.3180" COAL or CBTO is 1.7420" using a 90 gr. projectile those measurements leave only .079" of projectile in the case. Is that all that's needed to go 600 yards? Here are my measurements with my home made gauge and also backed up by the Sinclair Bullet Seating Depth Tool within .002-.003":
Case fired once: 1.5050"
90gr. Projectile: + .8920"
COAL: 2.3970"
Gauge COAL: - 2.3180"
Projectile in case: 0.079"
Do those numbers seem right?
The cartridge is longer than the magazine.

