02-25-2022, 04:19 PM
Thanks for this post. From what I can tell, the actual terminal performance of this bullet appears to be mixed. I will say, it's a strikingly accurate bullet. But a strikingly accurate bullet with a terrible BC. If you are doing bench shooting, plinking, 3-gun style shooting in the 200 yard range or less, it is a fantastic bullet. However, for longer range shooting or for game-hunting, I have my doubts. I would have expected it to be nuclear on coyote's, so the story that an imperfect shot on a coyote that should have just exploded and shredded anyway, did not, isn't super encouraging about using this bullet even for varmint game hunting.
6.5 Grendel is a fantastic AR15 hog and deer rifle, but this doesn't sound like the bullet for it. That said, I will repeat, it's amazingly accurate. I've even run it in 6.5 Creedmoor now, and get crazy good accuracy. For fun, I'll run it to 500 yards in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it does OK, but you really have to start watching wind. Basically, great bullet for range-day out to 200 yard bench shooting. If I took it deer hunting, I would stick with neck-shots only with this one.
6.5 Grendel is a fantastic AR15 hog and deer rifle, but this doesn't sound like the bullet for it. That said, I will repeat, it's amazingly accurate. I've even run it in 6.5 Creedmoor now, and get crazy good accuracy. For fun, I'll run it to 500 yards in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it does OK, but you really have to start watching wind. Basically, great bullet for range-day out to 200 yard bench shooting. If I took it deer hunting, I would stick with neck-shots only with this one.

