Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Getting ready to start cranking some 123 gr SST hunting loads
#6
NDSwede Wrote:Really like your load data chart. Mind if I copy it? :-)
Also, that's a really nice pile of brass. If you think you've got 50 - 100 to many, I'll be glad to take them off your hands. :-)

Go for it. Only way I can keep it straight, especially when you end up with piles at various states of processing. Some piles can take a yar or longer to get through, some you get done in a few days, just depends on priority and where you are in competition season.

Here are my cull's, after resizing and tumbling. For me, the only thing I care about is the bottom half inch. And I care very much about that part. Aside from that, brass is a gasket, not a pressure vessel. So if-it-fits it-ships. These I tend to just set aside and run them at a mild load with a cheap bullet at a setting where I'll likely leave them in the field. (action gong shooting where you're moving position around is a good one). And obviously not in any sort of competition or once-in-a-lifetime hunt-adventure usage. This pile includes the collapsed-shoulder-recovery brass as well (which worked out better than I was expecting). I pretty much put Starline in this pile right away - not a fan, and I see that weird head-behavior others talk about before I even shoot it myself (range pickups). I also put GECO 7.62x39 brass here; that stuff is just a fight getting sized right.

[Image: 20220203-133737.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Getting ready to start cranking some 123 gr SST hunting loads - by lazyengineer - 02-03-2022, 07:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)