Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hogs in Ranch Traffic and at Long Distance
#9
BluntForceTrauma Wrote:Good stuff, thanks for posting! Interesting to see how you have to deal with cattle in the mix.

Every herd has its own personality. Some ignore me(us). Some follow me. Some get absolutely guano crazy and ping pong across the pasture because I am out there on foot. Some will slowly walk out of the way. Some will run in the direction I am going, but stay more than 50 yards from me and if I change direction, they will change direction as well. Some, like this group, stay pretty calm until I get too close.

Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with shooting around cattle. That is to say, I don't mind shooting by the cattle or between them, but not too close. However, I don't like shooting with cattle down range of the hogs. I would prefer the hogs to be somewhat behind the cattle such that a deflected shot does not deviate into a cow or that a missed shot doesn't skip off the ground and hit a cow down range.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hogs in Ranch Traffic and at Long Distance - by Double Naught Spy - 01-28-2022, 12:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)