Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp
#7
Bobke Wrote:I’d suggest working up from 26.0gr in .2gr increments. I’ve settled at 27.2-27.4 of ARC, depending on shape of bullets in question, for 2500-2525fps and low ES/SD in multiple 20” barrels. Really not sure how anyone is pouring 28+gr and not experiencing serious powder compression in Hornady or Lapua brass. Another upside is brass life and excellent accuracy. Don’t be foolish enough to head straight for the 28gr loads without understanding the risk in doing so.

Bobke, I was going to start around 26.3 and work up from there, not alot of info on arc so I figured the hoard was the place to ask.
As for primers are the cci 450's the norm? I have been exclusively using these but I have rem 7 1/2, fed 205m and cci br4. I am giving cfe223 a try also as I have a few pounds on hand. Thanks guys for all the suggestions!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by sbowhuntr - 01-24-2022, 02:03 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by BowChamp - 01-24-2022, 02:54 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by Cal - 01-24-2022, 02:58 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by myrifle - 01-24-2022, 03:18 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by Cal - 01-24-2022, 03:45 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by Bobke - 01-24-2022, 05:18 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by sbowhuntr - 01-24-2022, 11:48 AM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by LRRPF52 - 01-24-2022, 06:01 PM
Barnes 120g mb and ar comp - by myrifle - 01-25-2022, 01:43 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)