Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
starting load for BLC-2 and the hornady 140 bthp
#2
pashiner Wrote:It looks like some folks are using it with bullets in the 130gn range with charge weights around 28-29 grains and getting decent results, but there seems to be no published load data for this particular combination.
I think BLC-2 is a reasonable enough enough powder in terms of density and burn rate, but I dont have any load development software to work with.
I'm not chasing huge velocity, just ringing steel inside 300yds.
I'd like to start safely below max charge and work up until I find a load my barrel likes, but avoid starting wastefully low.

thanks in advance for any advice/ideas

Sorry pashiner, not to high jack your thread, but I have been wanting to ask your question for several months.

I find my self in the same situation. A pound of BL-(2) and 500 rounds of Norma 130 gr Golden Target bullets and no good data. As in the OP's comments I an interested in accuracy first. My main issue is in that I live in west central Illinois with its 60 - 80 degree temp swings, sometimes daily.
"A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
starting load for BLC-2 and the hornady 140 bthp - by Sinclair - 01-21-2022, 01:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)