01-13-2022, 04:21 PM
m796rider Wrote:I'm not sure you could just use the 7.62x39 powder with a light 6.5mm bullet and call it good...
I'd guess by the time you have everything figured out and working for a project like this, you'd be dangerously close to the $0.65/rd cost of Grendel steel cased.
Yea definatly not a recommended preferred route. Your cost estimate isn't too far off, maybe break it down to 50 cents, but only with luck, and 60 cents is a more realistic floor. As noted, 75 cent steel Grendel makes more sense if you can find it (which apparently you can). That said, powder burn rates tend to be close, and I would expect this route with TNT 90's will be a more accurate and effective hunting round. But realistically, I would advise buying the wolf steel Grendel, and topping that with a 100 or less gr Grendel bullet, for the better path, as you imply.
Just a technical question more than anything - who knows what 2024 will be, so just wondering if this is a route.

