01-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Thank you DNS. Well done. Good observation reporting.
based on the 6.5mm 140 partition out of a 6.5x55 on deer hit too high (went through 6 vertebra) and expanded back to the partition and lost the front core, I'd say the observation about not enough velocity for the impact speed seems spot on with these 125s coming out at 2450. On the other hand, they killed hogs.
I suspect they're designed for the mid case size 6.5s (6.5x55 Swede, 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor) speed. That they seemed to work reasonably well out of the 6.5 Grendel is, to me, a testament to their versatility.
I understand the issue DHA is having. I too am working with reloading with what components I happen to have on hand, even if non-optimal as well.
Nosler also makes a 100gr. Partition. They might perform more optimally out of the 6.5 Grendel since they could be driven even faster. Since there are no feral hogs out this way, I wouldn't be able to test that hypothesis out.
thanks again for your keen observations and hard work.
-tdbru
based on the 6.5mm 140 partition out of a 6.5x55 on deer hit too high (went through 6 vertebra) and expanded back to the partition and lost the front core, I'd say the observation about not enough velocity for the impact speed seems spot on with these 125s coming out at 2450. On the other hand, they killed hogs.
I suspect they're designed for the mid case size 6.5s (6.5x55 Swede, 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor) speed. That they seemed to work reasonably well out of the 6.5 Grendel is, to me, a testament to their versatility.
I understand the issue DHA is having. I too am working with reloading with what components I happen to have on hand, even if non-optimal as well.
Nosler also makes a 100gr. Partition. They might perform more optimally out of the 6.5 Grendel since they could be driven even faster. Since there are no feral hogs out this way, I wouldn't be able to test that hypothesis out.
thanks again for your keen observations and hard work.
-tdbru

