Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hornady Brass
#13
Prior to sizing my brass cases I soak them for about 10 minutes in Birchwood Casey's Brass Cartridge Case Cleaner solution. The bottle says 5 minutes which is fine but 10 minutes doesn't hurt the brass & they're as clean as they're gonna get. After rinsing thoroughly in hot water & letting the brass air dry, I spray the cases with Hornady's case lube making sure the inside of the necks get lubed. After sizing the brass I soak the cases again in the case cleaner solution. This is a different solution batch than the one used in the first cleaning. I go 5 minutes for this soak. At this point, after rinsing & air drying again, I have primed & reloaded the brass as is. But, sometimes, to make the cases shinier, I'll run them about an hour in my vibratory tumbler using untreated walnut shell & then prime them. I use cotton swabs soaked in denatured alcohol to remove any residual walnut dust from inside the case necks. Sometimes, to speed up the process, I'll put the wet brass under a heat lamp. Using my process, the Hornady case lube affecting bullet grip has never been an issue for me.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hornady Brass - by TedBrewer5 - 12-21-2021, 05:54 PM
Hornady Brass - by Old Bob - 12-22-2021, 02:12 AM
Hornady Brass - by BowChamp - 12-22-2021, 02:58 AM
Hornady Brass - by Old Bob - 12-22-2021, 04:23 AM
Hornady Brass - by TedBrewer5 - 12-22-2021, 03:24 PM
Hornady Brass - by Tx264 - 12-22-2021, 04:11 PM
Hornady Brass - by Old Bob - 12-22-2021, 04:29 PM
Hornady Brass - by northdude - 12-26-2021, 08:40 AM
Hornady Brass - by Dt219 - 12-26-2021, 03:43 PM
Hornady Brass - by grayfox - 12-27-2021, 12:09 PM
Hornady Brass - by northdude - 12-28-2021, 05:26 AM
Hornady Brass - by TedBrewer5 - 12-28-2021, 01:05 PM
Hornady Brass - by Old Bob - 12-28-2021, 03:17 PM
Hornady Brass - by northdude - 01-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Hornady Brass - by Kosh65 - 01-01-2022, 02:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)