Original post edited and added to for clarification.
Grayfox - Just referring to my original load work up log from 2018, taking into account the 3 shot average fps, SD and ES from 53.5gr, 54.0gr and 54.5gr, was a 30fps from hi to low, and the ES/SD in the 10/15 area. .5 grain - 15 fps based off my averages. Yes, typo since most of the "Rant" was about hundredths. Corrected now
Since most reloading scales read only in tenths, they are rounding one direction or the other. Depending on the programming that is not defined, we can assume that a weight of 54.0 is anywhere from 53.5 to 54.5. Could be just flat dropping the hundredths. Either way, 1 Full grain fluctuation potential, and depending on your load development success and target speed, you may not have a full grain or 2 to play around in with little deviation in FPS that would be acceptable at 1k yards, let alone 1760/mile. I've seen people you tube or post their load work where they have a node with low ES/SD and +/- 20fps over a 2 grain spread. Yay for them. I generally land in the 40s, occasionally mid 20s over a 1.0gr change in my best node.
If all I did was blast away at dirt clods at 100y, I would not care about the 50fps. I don't like to play under 400 unless I am competing with the family on 3/4 moa targets on a family gun day. The Grendel is handicapped enough with speed when we start playing at 600+ Lot of drop, lot of wind holdover.
The more I start running numbers through a calc, the more frustrated I become. A 3" drop difference at 1k with 50fps is laughable.[INDENT]"Hey, I can shoot .5 MOA all day long at 100y. A 10" target at 1k is a no brainier, I got 5 extra inches of safety buffer."
[/INDENT]
I do know that past 400y little flaws in your shooting skill start compounding and get really, really ugly at 600+.
I have been shooting the SRM for 4 years now and have yet to break 40pts out of 60.
The Scales used were, Twin and Schitzo, Model 1, and Model 2.
Grayfox - Just referring to my original load work up log from 2018, taking into account the 3 shot average fps, SD and ES from 53.5gr, 54.0gr and 54.5gr, was a 30fps from hi to low, and the ES/SD in the 10/15 area. .5 grain - 15 fps based off my averages. Yes, typo since most of the "Rant" was about hundredths. Corrected now
Since most reloading scales read only in tenths, they are rounding one direction or the other. Depending on the programming that is not defined, we can assume that a weight of 54.0 is anywhere from 53.5 to 54.5. Could be just flat dropping the hundredths. Either way, 1 Full grain fluctuation potential, and depending on your load development success and target speed, you may not have a full grain or 2 to play around in with little deviation in FPS that would be acceptable at 1k yards, let alone 1760/mile. I've seen people you tube or post their load work where they have a node with low ES/SD and +/- 20fps over a 2 grain spread. Yay for them. I generally land in the 40s, occasionally mid 20s over a 1.0gr change in my best node.
If all I did was blast away at dirt clods at 100y, I would not care about the 50fps. I don't like to play under 400 unless I am competing with the family on 3/4 moa targets on a family gun day. The Grendel is handicapped enough with speed when we start playing at 600+ Lot of drop, lot of wind holdover.
The more I start running numbers through a calc, the more frustrated I become. A 3" drop difference at 1k with 50fps is laughable.[INDENT]"Hey, I can shoot .5 MOA all day long at 100y. A 10" target at 1k is a no brainier, I got 5 extra inches of safety buffer."

[/INDENT]
I do know that past 400y little flaws in your shooting skill start compounding and get really, really ugly at 600+.
I have been shooting the SRM for 4 years now and have yet to break 40pts out of 60.
The Scales used were, Twin and Schitzo, Model 1, and Model 2.
Sticks
Catchy sig line here.
Catchy sig line here.

