12-26-2021, 06:04 PM
I'm not a hundreths guy...
that said, the variances could be, other than internal electronics or line voltage/noise variations, stray EM effect, static, or temperature/air flow. Don't know which one I would suspect. Could be line noise making those particularly stray/schizoid deviations...
Your model #2, that is a 0.02 spec scale, seems to me to be the most consistent, differing only by one calibration notch, 0.02.
Any model can vary by 1 of min-division, that's the nature of electronic measurements. Repeatability of high-end electronic measuring devices can still vary by +/- 0.5 of the min sensitivity, even when measuring the same object. So a 0.02 variance of a 0.02-sensitive scale, I'd say that is to be expected.
Now a mirror-backed super sensitive manual scale, might do "better", assuming your eyes are good enough.
One other comment, in your post you mention 15 fps/0.05 grain deviation... is that a typo, for a case as large as PRC... 0.1 gr in a 223 or 6.5G case might be 10 fps, which is why I ask.
that said, the variances could be, other than internal electronics or line voltage/noise variations, stray EM effect, static, or temperature/air flow. Don't know which one I would suspect. Could be line noise making those particularly stray/schizoid deviations...
Your model #2, that is a 0.02 spec scale, seems to me to be the most consistent, differing only by one calibration notch, 0.02.
Any model can vary by 1 of min-division, that's the nature of electronic measurements. Repeatability of high-end electronic measuring devices can still vary by +/- 0.5 of the min sensitivity, even when measuring the same object. So a 0.02 variance of a 0.02-sensitive scale, I'd say that is to be expected.
Now a mirror-backed super sensitive manual scale, might do "better", assuming your eyes are good enough.
One other comment, in your post you mention 15 fps/0.05 grain deviation... is that a typo, for a case as large as PRC... 0.1 gr in a 223 or 6.5G case might be 10 fps, which is why I ask.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

