Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AA2520 Old / New
#1
Found a pound of old (Belgium) manufactured 2520 in my powder stash.
Decided to compare it with my newly manufactured (Canadian) powder.
Sense I never changed my recipe between manufacturers I assumed they were the same.
Yes and no.
Old style is composed almost entirely of spherical balls with a small amount of flattened balls.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18508[/ATTACH]

New style has a lot more (easily noticed at a glance) flattened balls.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18507[/ATTACH]

New stye is also denser. My powder measure throws 29.5 grains of the old as compared to 30.3 grains of the newly manufactured.

Despite the differences, when I loaded 123 grain ELDs with 29.5 grains of each they seemed almost identical.
Unfortunately, I did not have a chronograph but both loads had the same elevation corrections on targets from 100 to 600 yards.

Just make sure you adjust powder measure to throw the same weight.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply


Messages In This Thread
AA2520 Old / New - by topcaat1 - 12-21-2021, 06:31 AM
AA2520 Old / New - by mtnlvr - 12-21-2021, 01:05 PM
AA2520 Old / New - by topcaat1 - 12-21-2021, 10:51 PM
AA2520 Old / New - by Old Bob - 12-22-2021, 04:01 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)