Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Downloading 6.5 Creedmoor to 6.5 Grendel power
#16
I used to use SR 4759 for cast bullets in 30-06, 7.62x54R & 8mm Mauser. It was good for reduced loads with jacketed bullets as well. I also used it in a black powder duplex load (10grs 4759 under 45grs FF black powder) in my 45-70 Rolling Block. Unfortunately IMR (Hodgdon) doesn't make it anymore. I still have half a can. I switched to AA5744 when the 4759 was discontinued. IMR 4227 might work out OK for reduced loads. Even Alliant 2400 might work as well. A lot of the cast bullet shooters at our rifle club switched to it when the 4759 was dropped. Find a cast bullet reloading manual for powder suggestions & data...
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Downloading 6.5 Creedmoor to 6.5 Grendel power - by Old Bob - 12-18-2021, 10:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)