lazyengineer Wrote:I have a project where I want to do some experimenting with this. Going way below book minimum on your own can be cause problems. Curious if anyone else has any experiences or thoughts here?
Trail Boss or H4895. I use Trail Boss with a 243 and the (60% rule) with H4895 in the Creedmoor, for no real reason other than thats how it worked out with the powder I had available at the time. Either one would work with both cartridges.
You can go crazy low with trail boss. I never took H4895 to its lower limits. The ES/SD were lousy, and didnt pursue it much, although I didnt try many different primers.
My WAG would be that a max charge of TB would be very close to Grendel speeds in the Creedmoor, depending on the projectile weight. Do NOT try to compress TB to squeeze out anymore performance, it gets real spikey very quickly.
Shooter World Buffalo Rifle is supposed to a universal reduced load powder also but I cant get them to answer my emails and the load data for its use is very thin.

