04-16-2012, 05:50 AM
This is an excellent thread! Its funny how much thought, effort, and money we will spend on our equipment, and overlook the most important variable... us! Patience has been one of my biggest enemies also. Funny enough, I would say the strongest correlation to group size for me is my schedule. If I have been busy, my focus is severely dampened in all tasks but shines through on targets. I just can't seem to take one task at a time. I will find myself behind the rifle not just thinking about the shot, but the following shots, the ammo I need to load, the drive home, how I need to get groceries, that guy that cut me off, etc... I just can't get them out of the back of my mind. This is a major mental weakness that should be easy to avoid. Matter of fact its just plain stupid. After going through the effort it takes to get out and shoot, I decide to let things that are 100% out of my control (at the moment) ruin my trip to the range.
I like some of the methods that were previously stated and will do my best to employ them in the future. Great thread! Thanks to those with the experience and the willingness to share.
haha just realized I pulled this up out of the catacombs... Its still just as relevant so I guess it wont hurt
I like some of the methods that were previously stated and will do my best to employ them in the future. Great thread! Thanks to those with the experience and the willingness to share.
haha just realized I pulled this up out of the catacombs... Its still just as relevant so I guess it wont hurt
