Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
10 Head of Big Game - 6.5 Grendel – 4 Seasons
#8
Well I put together a little Instagram page to document the 6.5 Grendel hunting experiences to date, lots of pics, some vids, some necropsies. Check it out here...

https://www.instagram.com/65grendelhunters/

I may have cropped and borrowed one image from here, the 320 yard whitetail buck with the recovered eld-m from the short 12" barrel. I remember back when that was posted asking for location to go with that 2200 fps launch so I could figure out elevation etc. and ran it through calculator and got to 1700 fps impact velocity. Anyway, it's such a good account of the eld-m and impact velocity range and that it was recovered etc. I had to keep that data. Hope the op doesn't mind. Also kept info about that 752 yard antelope handy as well with estimated 1500 fps impact from the 24" barrel and the A-max (same bullet different density tip).

With those two lower velocity impacts combined with some of mine we get some information from my 2315 fps, 2100 fps, 1800 fps impact velocities with the eld-m...and with the above two examples from here at 1625 fps and 1500 fps we can connect the dots pretty well with what to expect in the field. Took quite a few years to get all this put together.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
10 Head of Big Game - 6.5 Grendel – 4 Seasons - by Stinky Coyote - 12-08-2021, 05:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)