Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best bullet on hand for whitetail deer with a grendel
#17
I have shot two SC 100# does with SSTs this season, one bang flop and one went 60 feet. It is mostly about shot placement. The last few seasons I have heart shot deer trying to save meat but they will run and always will, no matter the bullet or cartridge. I switched back to a high shoulder shot and they are going right down, even with the tiny Grendel. Place any of the bullets you mentioned in the high shoulder and they will be down within sight of the shot.

Carpe Sus on YouTube (pretty sure he is a member here) shoots tons of hogs with SSTs, it seems to work well on them. He recovers some of the bullets and they seem to open well.
#shareyourspare
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Best bullet on hand for whitetail deer with a grendel - by ErikS - 12-05-2021, 01:57 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)