11-30-2021, 09:18 PM
CavityBackBullets Wrote:We still have not seen a bullet for the Grendel that outperforms a Cavity Back Bullets MKZ.
Double Naught Spy can contest to their effectiveness over the SST.
An ELD-M cant compete with it either.
A 2.5x caliber expansion monolithic that will dump its energy and give you a blood trail.
Both the 105 grain and 118 grain are very popular in the Grendel outside this forum.
They are the only bullet your own milk jug challenge master will use on game from his Grendel.
barnes has a 115 gr ttsx tac-tx supposedly opens down to 1400, appeals as mono and for reloaders even though you can get the factory ammo I find it's too slow, crimped, bullet seated short as compared to the Hornady so it seems like they really worried about semi-auto set-up, reloaders should be able to push the 115 faster than the factory and seat it further out a bit, anyway I digress, I've been watching for reports and tests on the 115 which is not to be confused with the other barnes 6.5 offerings which are way tougher design for the typical high speed cartridges...only the 115 is supposed to be for the short barrel AR style speeds, so I am imagining it will compete with your bullets once we see some recovered slugs and gel tests
for those of us who don't reload you can get the barnes mono 115's in factory ammo for the lead free places or if that's your choice, it's tough to beat the factory hornady black ammo, the high bc/sd lets it stretch it's legs where the bullets with lesser legs lose that efficiency, with only 30 grains of powder to play with there's something to be said for those 123's and maximizing range potentials, for 300 yard or less hunters then copper away, I just dialled up a fat Alberta Whitetail Doe at 420 yards with a 16" barrel bolt action and on quartering away shot entered mid ribs and after 15" penetration exited with a 1.5" hole out the opposite inside front shoulder/neck and destroyed everything above the heart, not sure I'd be dialing up a copper that far?, I still had 1800 fps with a 2386 fps launch, she went down right there, I have a hard time going backwards on sd/bc with this cartridge, brain doesn't want to accept giving up any inches on the 123's, the 118gr you have looks pretty good, long though, I'd likely have a look if I reloaded

