Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used?
#1
I want to break in my new AR 24" Heavy Barrel and use a large surface bearing bullet.

The only components I have that come close to the Alliant data are, Powder, Case and Primer.
The bullets I have are 140 gr. Hornady Match BTHP.

My question, can I replace the bullet type and just use the starting load of 24.1 gr. of Reloder TS 15.5 to break-in the barrel?

Alliant Reloading Data Chart
24" Barrel - COAL 2.140"
24.1 - 26.7 gr. of Reloder TS 15.5
140 gr. Speer Spitzer SP
Hornady Brass
Winchester WSR
2.140" - COAL
24" Barrel
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by Velocity - 11-30-2021, 04:40 PM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by Kosh65 - 11-30-2021, 07:42 PM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by Kosh65 - 11-30-2021, 10:50 PM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by LR1955 - 12-01-2021, 12:08 AM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by Klem - 12-01-2021, 12:13 AM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by LR1955 - 12-01-2021, 12:38 AM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by LR1955 - 12-01-2021, 01:24 PM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by mdram - 12-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by HKGuns - 12-01-2021, 05:37 PM
Barrel Break-in and Components' Used? - by mdram - 12-02-2021, 12:52 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)