11-30-2021, 02:46 PM
It's more of a bullet+powder combination for what you seek.
Any of those with appropriate powder and load development, will do the trick.
I must admit that this last hunt I was on, I used a 123 sst on a spike buck, slight quartering away, 120 yds, and hit him but lost in the woods due to poor blood trail (single hole, no exit). Just me, b/c others have used it successfully. But I'm leaning away from the sst for me, for now.
Any of those with appropriate powder and load development, will do the trick.
I must admit that this last hunt I was on, I used a 123 sst on a spike buck, slight quartering away, 120 yds, and hit him but lost in the woods due to poor blood trail (single hole, no exit). Just me, b/c others have used it successfully. But I'm leaning away from the sst for me, for now.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

