Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question, Has anybody tried using small pistol primers in their AR?
#3
Mark,

I have been using CCI500 Small Pistol in 300BLK subsonics and would use them in Grendel if I did not have access to rifle primers.

I ran a difference test between the two at the same time/place. The Small Rifle 450's were 18fps hotter than 500 pistol which makes sense if this old table is correct. The 500's are not CCI's magnum pistol. The poster of the chart on another forum did not say where the table came from but it matches my results;
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18413[/ATTACH]

Test
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18414[/ATTACH]

The thicker magnum cups help with slam-fires but that occurrence it as rare as hens teeth.

Have no experience using Winchester SP in a rifle but I imagine it will be fine, and something else will break in an AR long before the primer does. As for consistency of powder burn, again no experience with Win but would be interesting to find out.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Question, Has anybody tried using small pistol primers in their AR? - by Klem - 11-22-2021, 11:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)