Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Aim ar/m16 6.5 grendel nitride 9310 mpi bdg bolt carrier group $89.95
#21
Klem Wrote:Montana,

That is interesting. I guess I am still wondering why and how, if the bolt goes fully into battery on a normal cartridge would primers pop out. They obviously can't while in battery so the case must still be pressurized during extraction. Or the pressure was so high that it expanded the primer pocket and the primers fell out on extraction.

I am thinking if your rifles passed a GO Gauge (1.464") then they were all within SAAMI. As we know, SAAMI min for 223 is shorter than a GO Gauge at 1.4636". Your guns were at least .0004" within SAAMI's acceptable range? Maybe it was a tight neck or throat then - preventing proper bullet release and building up pressure like a grenade. Reamers wear in diameter as well as longitudinally and Go Gauges do not check for this.

I have to say that I don't care who chambered my guns or what type they are; every new gun and barrel gets fired from the hip, or from the [concrete] bench with me crouching down below it.

1.4636 is min for the 223, 1.4646 is min for 5.56 NATO. My three short chambered barrels do not meet the basic 223 min, let alone the true 5.56 chamber. I don't have gauges below min and the only other way to know exact chamber sizes would be to make a cast of the chambers. Many chambers marked 5.56 are not true 5.56 chambers in throat length or width. 223 Wyled has a narrower throat than 5.56, yet can have a longer throat dependent on the manufacturer's spec. All three of my barrels have 223 throats. The Olympic has a good 223 throat and proper chamber other than being too short. The Bushmaster has tight spots on the neck, case wall areas and short chamber. The Saber defense has issues in the throat, neck, case wall areas and a short chamber. The Bushmaster would not function at all with steel case ammo.

Out of all the many, many, many people I have shot with through the decades, you are the first person I have heard of who fires the first round from a new factory rifle from the hip or crouching from underneath a concrete bench. How you would manage this with one of my 300 Weatherby's or 338 Win mags would be a sight to see. If I had any concern about a rifle blowing up, I would not be holding it by my hip or at least not without an older steel cup insert for a jock strap. No new plastic type cups would do..
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Aim ar/m16 6.5 grendel nitride 9310 mpi bdg bolt carrier group $89.95 - by montana - 11-02-2021, 03:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)