Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help with velocity:
#8
I don’t feel to bad, my estimate was off 32 FPS, close enough for government work. I think the Magnettospeed chronograph produce reliable velocity readings and are pretty easy to use. A Friend has a Magnettospeed chronograph we used to chronograph 16”, 18”, 20” and 24” 6.5 Grendel AR-15’s. We got a five shot average of 2619 FPS out of his 24” AA 6.5 Grendel with 31.0 grains CFE223 and CCI 450 primers with 123 grain Nosler CC on a 70 degree day. I’ve seen extreme spreads greater than 32 FPS and I probably can’t shoot good enough to tell the difference in shot placement with 32 FPS velocity difference, lol. Your SD of 5 is really good and even though CFE223 and LeveRevolution are affected by temperature change I think their burn rate make them very good powders for the 6.5 Grendel.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Help with velocity: - by Kosh65 - 09-07-2021, 07:04 PM
Help with velocity: - by riuma - 09-07-2021, 07:09 PM
Help with velocity: - by VASCAR2 - 09-07-2021, 09:10 PM
Help with velocity: - by Kosh65 - 09-08-2021, 01:07 AM
Help with velocity: - by Kosh65 - 10-16-2021, 10:32 PM
Help with velocity: - by kmon - 10-16-2021, 11:08 PM
Help with velocity: - by Kosh65 - 10-31-2021, 09:03 PM
Help with velocity: - by VASCAR2 - 11-01-2021, 04:23 PM
Help with velocity: - by Kosh65 - 11-01-2021, 10:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)