Case not ejecting on a fired round
#1
I have begun working up loads for hogs with my AR15 6.5 Grendel build. The problem I have been having is after I fire a round, the case fails to eject. I have an adj. gas block which is basically wide open at this point. Barrel is a 22" with a rifle length gas system. I began working up reloads using 26grs of Alliant Power Pro Varmint using 123gr Hornady SST's. My heaviest charge is 28grs. For each 5 shot string, I inspected each case for signs of hi pressure. (Saw no indications with excessive pressure).

The issue I have is not 1 single case was ejected after the shot. In many cases, I had to really pull hard on the charge handle in order open the chamber and remove the spent brass. I finally had a friend watch the BCG while I took a shot down range to see if the BCG was moving at all. He said after watching me take 8 or so shots, the BCG did not move at all or moved back very little. (My guess is it may be related to head space issues...)

I have built 15+ AR's mostly .223 with 1 rifle chambered for for .204 Ruger, and 2 AR10's (1 chambered in .308 and the other, 6.5 Creedmoor) and everyone of them ran flawlessly.

Any ideas on a course of action to figure this out?
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by mdram - 11-01-2021, 12:34 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Dt219 - 11-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-01-2021, 02:27 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-04-2021, 12:34 AM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by sundowner - 11-04-2021, 03:48 AM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-04-2021, 08:12 AM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-04-2021, 10:18 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-04-2021, 10:38 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-05-2021, 12:17 AM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-05-2021, 03:18 AM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-05-2021, 07:35 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by mdram - 11-05-2021, 07:41 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-05-2021, 09:56 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-05-2021, 10:16 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-05-2021, 10:17 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-05-2021, 10:31 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Old Bob - 11-05-2021, 11:42 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Klem - 11-05-2021, 11:54 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-06-2021, 12:36 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-06-2021, 02:12 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Klem - 11-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Klem - 11-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by Stugotz - 11-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-06-2021, 03:33 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by mdram - 11-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Case not ejecting on a fired round - by montana - 11-05-2021, 09:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)