Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
FL Resizing Question
#1
I am relatively new to reloading and am having an issue with my FL Sizing. I have about 1000 pieces of once fired brass that is all Hornady factory loads, either black, or older amax or sst. It comes from several different rifles.

I am using a redding type s FL die with the expander and neck bushing removed. I finally got the die set to bump the shoulder to the length I wanted. I then sized 5 random pieces. I then measured all five. I had 2 different lengths, that were about. 003 different. My question is why? Is it different spring back from different lots of brass? I don't really want to have to measure every piece after sizing, and then measure neck thickness too! Is there anything I'm doing wrong or can change? Thanks!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
FL Resizing Question - by keystone183 - 10-28-2021, 01:42 AM
FL Resizing Question - by Old Bob - 10-28-2021, 02:02 AM
FL Resizing Question - by myrifle - 10-28-2021, 02:11 AM
FL Resizing Question - by grendelnubi - 10-28-2021, 03:21 AM
FL Resizing Question - by Klem - 10-28-2021, 09:28 AM
FL Resizing Question - by LR1955 - 10-28-2021, 12:12 PM
FL Resizing Question - by keystone183 - 10-28-2021, 12:26 PM
FL Resizing Question - by LR1955 - 10-28-2021, 12:28 PM
FL Resizing Question - by keystone183 - 10-28-2021, 12:38 PM
FL Resizing Question - by myrifle - 10-28-2021, 01:48 PM
FL Resizing Question - by keystone183 - 10-28-2021, 02:01 PM
FL Resizing Question - by mdram - 10-28-2021, 02:04 PM
FL Resizing Question - by keystone183 - 10-28-2021, 02:20 PM
FL Resizing Question - by LR1955 - 10-28-2021, 05:34 PM
FL Resizing Question - by keystone183 - 10-28-2021, 06:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)