Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tested new SAOD upper today
#5
I had a fairly nice day today to set up the chronograph and try some reloads for the new Grendel upper. The 8th Ed. Hornady manual has AA-2520 as the powder that gave the most velocity at safe levels and I had some on hand. I tried some handloads working my way up and could not believe the groups at 100 yds. Just so folks wouldn't think I was pasting over my "bad shots" and cherry picking my groups, I put up a clean target and took 3 shots from a solid rest. The results were less than 1/4 inch! This gun amazes me.

The 8th Ed. Hornady manual showed AA-2520 as the powder with the highest velocity capabilities and I had some on hand. Don't misunderstand me, I would never sacrifice accuracy for velocity. But when looking over my manuals, I'll try to use one of the powders that gives optimum results for the cartridge under consideration. In this case, it worked out very well! Less than 1/4" group for 3 shots from an AR platform and I've only had the thing for a few days!

[Image: riflechrono.jpg]

[Image: reloadgroup.jpg]

[Image: groupmeasurecopy.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Tested new SAOD upper today - by wiuprof - 04-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by LRRPF52 - 04-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by RangerRick - 04-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by txgunner00 - 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by wiuprof - 04-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by Variable - 04-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by LRRPF52 - 04-07-2012, 05:29 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by Drifter - 04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by wiuprof - 04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by wiuprof - 04-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by wiuprof - 04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by Whelenon - 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by bwaites - 04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by bwaites - 04-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by PA_Allen - 04-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by LR1955 - 04-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by LRRPF52 - 04-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by wiuprof - 04-08-2012, 03:45 AM
Tested new SAOD upper today - by Variable - 04-08-2012, 04:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)