04-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I love being able to pack a 16" AR15 carbine in my laptop case when we go camping or fishing. Other campers don't freak, and it makes vehcile load-out much easier. It's also convenient for the range for the same reasons. I'll drop one of my Melonited 5.56 barrels into it, and see what happens, but I've had the same horizontal spreading with my 5.56 pipes in it.
There was a guy who posted on the old forum that he gets sub-MOA groups with 2 of his MGI QCB uppers, but that was the extent of his posts, so I suspect that he had some fiduciary connection with MGI. Maybe their newer uppers hold accuracy, since they have changed some things with the design. I still like a lot of their products as a company, and the QCB upper serves its purpose for me.
Warped claimed that the Grendel does better with higher barrel nut torque than 35 ft-lbs.
There was a guy who posted on the old forum that he gets sub-MOA groups with 2 of his MGI QCB uppers, but that was the extent of his posts, so I suspect that he had some fiduciary connection with MGI. Maybe their newer uppers hold accuracy, since they have changed some things with the design. I still like a lot of their products as a company, and the QCB upper serves its purpose for me.
Warped claimed that the Grendel does better with higher barrel nut torque than 35 ft-lbs.
