Any consensus on best barrel break-in procedure?
#5
TexHill Wrote:It's a waste of time to "break in" a barrel that has been either nitrided or chrome lined. Both processes render the steel too hard for any break in to have an affect.
That's what I wondered, which is why I asked the question in the first place. How did no one else know this? I asked my question in November. I should have just googled it. The web's full of similar statements to yours.

In any case, thanks for replying TexHill. Confirmed my suspicion (voiced in post #1). I don't consider these 15 rounds wasted though. Had fun sighting in the scopes and hitting steel at 100 yards after that. I'll shoot for groups next time.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Any consensus on best barrel break-in procedure? - by SDW - 04-20-2021, 12:15 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)