Newbie Grendel lover from Texas
#1
Howdy from Aggieland Texas. I fell in love with the Grendel after realizing the 556/223 was not going to slap the pigs hard enough. I had already ventured into reloading as a matter of survival having acquired my now beloved 45/70. Ouch! The cost per round was is a bit high. As a result, I was not fearful of the Grendel cartridge being expensive or unavailable. I simply bought the components and begin the wonderful addictive life of the reloader. It seems I still need a few more items as I learn. I converted my AR with a 24 inch upper which is heavy enough to pair it with a walking stick gun monopod rest. I wish it was lighter but it is what it is. At the moment I have only loaded with Benchmark, 120g Hornady and the combination seems to perform better than my skill set as a shooter. Wolf is all over the place with my set up. My reloads performance matches or is slightly better than the Hornady factory loads of 123 grain. I drain YouTube nightly in search of Grendel shooter experiences shared there. You learn from others experiences this is why I am here. Reloading to me is a wonderful cerebral challenge. Too many thing in my life allow me to take my efforts to the level of those who have taken the time to polish their skills plus the extra effort required to contribute to this forum. I am excited and grateful to be among you. Expect a lot of questions from me.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by RowsyFlyer1903 - 03-31-2021, 03:11 PM
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by sundowner - 03-31-2021, 03:49 PM
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by VASCAR2 - 03-31-2021, 05:15 PM
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by grendelnubi - 03-31-2021, 06:20 PM
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by Wellbornpapa - 04-01-2021, 08:36 PM
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by just_john - 04-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Newbie Grendel lover from Texas - by Inspector 12 - 04-02-2021, 03:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)