Hello from NC
#1
New member to the forum, fairly new to the 6.5 Grendel world. I am on AR15.com under the same user name. Now, A little background, I have shot 5.56 AR platform for years and love them. A year And half ago I bought a 6.5 upper from someone on a whim. It was new and inexpensive and I had a lower sitting there with nothing on it. I eventually put a vortex Viper on it and picked up some mags and a few boxes of ammo. I put it all together and left it in my safe. Early this year I picked up more ammo when it was less than $5/box. Put them aside as well. A few weeks ago I got a hankering to start shooting it. But I first wanted to start looking more in depth to the round itself, the pros and cons, and anything else I should know. If I use it to hunt with, it will be whitetail or coyote. My current setup is an 18” stainless, fluted from BCA. It’s sitting on a spikes lower with spikes mil-spec LPK, buffer tube assembly and a Magpul ACS collapsible stock. I did put about 10 rounds through it last summer just to let it lose it’s virginity. Sooo if anyone has recommendations,(even where to buy ammo) I’m open to all input!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hello from NC - by mtncop11 - 12-23-2020, 05:08 PM
Hello from NC - by sundowner - 12-23-2020, 05:45 PM
Hello from NC - by VASCAR2 - 12-23-2020, 09:21 PM
Hello from NC - by mtncop11 - 12-24-2020, 02:10 AM
Hello from NC - by just_john - 12-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Hello from NC - by VASCAR2 - 12-24-2020, 03:08 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)