After that I wanted to be able to use my bipods. They are attached with a QD-picatinny. I have the similar solution for the Bravo, so a front mount was needed also on this VLS-stock.
Opened the front of the stock so the mount could be fitted under the barrel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17329[/ATTACH]
I then did a small bedding so that the fit for the mount was tight and level.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17330[/ATTACH]
After that I took the Dremel and worked up the surface so that the bedding compound could lock the mount into place. And then I bedded it into the stock. Used the barrel to press the bedding for a tight fit and to get as much bedding as possible on the top of the mount.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17331[/ATTACH]
The mount was however a little to long so I needed to cut it a little so it did clear the silencer. But it still works as needed.
Here the bedding is done and ready for assembly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17332[/ATTACH]
And here the result with the silencer attached.
It is tight, but they do not interfere with each other.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17333[/ATTACH]
And here the rifle assembled and with the bipod attached.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17334[/ATTACH]
Last job is to cut and thread the bolt for a bigger knob.
Just a grinder and then a metal file to get it down to size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17335[/ATTACH]
Then thread the bolt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17340[/ATTACH]
And screw it on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17336[/ATTACH]
Here complete on the rifle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17337[/ATTACH]
And now I am waiting for the products to do the clear coat.
After that... who knows...
Opened the front of the stock so the mount could be fitted under the barrel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17329[/ATTACH]
I then did a small bedding so that the fit for the mount was tight and level.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17330[/ATTACH]
After that I took the Dremel and worked up the surface so that the bedding compound could lock the mount into place. And then I bedded it into the stock. Used the barrel to press the bedding for a tight fit and to get as much bedding as possible on the top of the mount.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17331[/ATTACH]
The mount was however a little to long so I needed to cut it a little so it did clear the silencer. But it still works as needed.
Here the bedding is done and ready for assembly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17332[/ATTACH]
And here the result with the silencer attached.
It is tight, but they do not interfere with each other.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17333[/ATTACH]
And here the rifle assembled and with the bipod attached.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17334[/ATTACH]
Last job is to cut and thread the bolt for a bigger knob.
Just a grinder and then a metal file to get it down to size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17335[/ATTACH]
Then thread the bolt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17340[/ATTACH]
And screw it on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17336[/ATTACH]
Here complete on the rifle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17337[/ATTACH]
And now I am waiting for the products to do the clear coat.
After that... who knows...

