Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Muzzle brake advice!
#31
Goju Wrote:It’s been a long time since I’ve been here...for addition info, I just contacted AA to confirm the thread pitch on my circa 2007 carbine barrel. I was told it was threaded at 3/4 x 28, but there was also an “I believe” in the response. If anyone has different info, I would appreciate it. If I wanted a brake for this thread, I see Harrels radial brake is an option. Are there others?

If you want to know the thread pitch on your barrel, unscrew the muzzle device & take it to your local hardware store's fastener section, and find which screw size will thread into it. It's probably 3/4 x 28 if you have a heavy barrel, 9/16 x 32 if it's a slim profile barrel.

I'm actually ordering a Harrell's tactical brake myself, because I want one that matches the diameter of my Wilson Combat SR Recon barrel, and the price is right. The radial design is really similar to the WCI, so it could be a good change if you want something shorter, but performance would likely be diminished because it has fewer ports compared to the WCI.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Muzzle brake advice! - by Hayden9801 - 04-25-2020, 02:17 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Red*Lion - 04-25-2020, 02:30 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by A5BLASTER - 04-25-2020, 02:54 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by maxxmojo - 04-25-2020, 03:02 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by DL42 - 04-25-2020, 03:17 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by grayfox - 04-25-2020, 03:53 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by DDRanch - 04-25-2020, 01:01 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Hayden9801 - 04-25-2020, 02:12 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Hayden9801 - 04-25-2020, 03:13 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Hayden9801 - 04-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by lazyengineer - 04-25-2020, 04:03 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by pkw6five - 04-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by LRRPF52 - 04-28-2020, 06:01 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by gwtx - 04-29-2020, 03:26 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by AlaskaGrendel - 04-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Nicky Hayden - 04-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by pinetreebbs - 04-30-2020, 12:21 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by BD264 - 05-01-2020, 03:44 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Kodiak - 05-06-2020, 05:49 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by brando - 12-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Mad Charlie - 12-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by brando - 12-07-2020, 09:42 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by bruceleroy - 12-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by lazyengineer - 12-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by 7mmtcu - 12-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by drewsbow - 12-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by drewthebrave - 12-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by brando - 12-13-2020, 02:26 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Goju - 12-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Happy2Shoot - 12-15-2020, 06:20 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by drewthebrave - 12-15-2020, 10:10 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by JCSC - 12-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by mtnlvr - 12-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Freedz - 12-25-2020, 08:10 PM
Muzzle brake advice! - by FLshooter - 12-26-2020, 12:47 AM
Muzzle brake advice! - by Texcl2 - 12-30-2020, 02:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)