12-12-2020, 02:09 PM
brando Wrote:I dont know my thread and size. Im presumed it was 5/8-24. Thai barrel was put on by Bill A long ago when I was having a hissy fit that another outfit sold me this upper with who knows what barrel. All I know is the barrel came from AA. Around 2012 ish. I found the WCI BRAKE on AA website for sale still says the thing is 3/4 with a disclaimer about barrel year. Im cornfused now. Hunting in Kansas this week. Ill pop this brake off an mic the threaded end I suppose.
FWIW, AA used a 9/16 thread pitch on most of their Grendel barrels, as that's what my AA barrel uses (with a WCI brake as well). I think mine was from 2017-18. Your options will be limited if you have the 9/16 threads, but the WCI brake is a good choice and I'm not sure you'll get much improvement from a different muzzle device.
FWIW, I have used the VG6 Gamma & Epsilon, WCI Comp, YHM Phantom Comp, & a KAK Comp on a few different 6.5 and 5.56 barrels and they're all very good at reducing recoil/muzzle rise (with the VG6 being most effective with most blast). If you don't mind the length of the WCI, I don't see a reason to switch, as it's good for recoil control without the excessive blast of the side-ported brakes. If you want to see how it affects your accuracy, just take it off and shoot with a bare muzzle for comparison.

