Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shooters World Precision Powder
#8
StoneHendge Wrote:Were you crunching at 27.9?

I used the Varget data from the Hornady manual and Hornady 123gr ELD-M seated to 2.260" with a Rem 7 1/2 primer and Hornady cases.

I actually loaded up to 28.9gr and it didn't start crunching until 28.3gr. The reason I stopped at 27.9gr was I got black carbon leaking around the primer with a very heavy ejector mark on the brass on that shot. I was using Hornady brass that has been shot 8 times but when I put the primers in all of the pockets were tight and non of them were loose that I noticed or I wouldn't have used the brass with a loose feel when inserting the primer.

I got spooked when I saw the ejector mark and leaky primer so I decided to be on the safe side and stop before I "blew my face off". Maybe I was a little too cautious and should have shot the next shot to see if it continued but I was using data that I had created out of thin air so I decided to quit shooting the rest of the loads.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 10-31-2020, 04:05 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-13-2020, 03:00 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-13-2020, 10:34 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by LRRPF52 - 11-14-2020, 02:46 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-14-2020, 02:51 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-14-2020, 02:58 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-14-2020, 03:11 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-14-2020, 03:26 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by riuma - 11-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by grayfox - 11-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-16-2020, 02:06 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by riuma - 11-16-2020, 03:10 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 12-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by Chance-dg - 02-17-2021, 04:56 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 01-01-2022, 01:58 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 01-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by Old Bob - 01-02-2022, 12:30 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 01-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by Old Bob - 01-03-2022, 01:42 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by LRRPF52 - 01-03-2022, 03:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)