Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Shooters World Precision Powder
#6
LRRPF52 Wrote:You can’t get enough Varget into 6.5 Grendel to get much velocity with most bullets.

Alexander Arms tested a load under the 130gr Swift Scirocco using Varget-one of the slowest loads for that bullet along with N140.

There are so many powders common to .223 Rem and .308 Win. that are great in 6.5 Grendel, but Varget isn’t one of them.

It will spit the bullets out no problem, but it’s just too bulky for its burn rate and the Grendel case.

If Shooter’s World Precision can fill the case better than Varget and has Varget’s burn rate, then it should be able to get more velocity out of the Grendel.

I agree with you LRRPF53. I shot 10 powder charges from 26.1-27.9gr with Precision and I got slightly slower velocities with my 20" than the Hornady manual showed with an 18" AA AR with Varget. Not worth the effort in my opinion. I have decided to pass on Precision for the Grendel. It shoots great in my 5.56 and 6.5 Creemoor but not in my Grendel. Now I know why SW never explored this powder in the Grendel.

Edit: Stonehenge: Sorry I didn't see your post before I posted the above but I didn't get very good results that I thought was worth continuing to load this powder in the Grendel. By all means though please post your results so we can see what you actually get for velocities.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 10-31-2020, 04:05 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-13-2020, 03:00 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-13-2020, 10:34 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by LRRPF52 - 11-14-2020, 02:46 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-14-2020, 02:51 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-14-2020, 02:58 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-14-2020, 03:11 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-14-2020, 03:26 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by riuma - 11-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by grayfox - 11-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by jasper2408 - 11-16-2020, 02:06 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by riuma - 11-16-2020, 03:10 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 11-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 12-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by Chance-dg - 02-17-2021, 04:56 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 01-01-2022, 01:58 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 01-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by Old Bob - 01-02-2022, 12:30 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by StoneHendge - 01-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by Old Bob - 01-03-2022, 01:42 AM
Shooters World Precision Powder - by LRRPF52 - 01-03-2022, 03:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)