Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What bolts are you guys using?
#1
I personally have built several 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel rifles. I have two remaining, one uses an Aim nitrided bcg, the other is an Aim nickeled bcg with a Cason engineering bolt.

The Cason was one of my original x39 bolts and has had THOUSANDS of rounds through it first on a 7.62x39 Rifle then on my .264 lbc. It has been flawless, not even so much as a broken extractor. It’s supposedly a super bolt and I’m starting to buy into that. The Aim bcg is again a x39 and used on a .264 lbc , this rifle was way over gassed and I ran some pretty darn hot loads though it to boot. I broke one extractor at maybe 2000+ rounds. Aim sent out a new replacement extractor for free and was here in like 3 days. The nitrided finish is so slick, it is the easiest bcg I have ever cleaned, mostly just wipe it off, the fouling at the tail tend to just crumble off when any force is applied although some times I have to take a brush to it.

I have never broken a bolt of any caliber.

So what are y’all using any issues or crazy high round counts?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What bolts are you guys using? - by Texcl2 - 11-03-2020, 05:06 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by FRB6.5 - 11-03-2020, 06:02 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by Texcl2 - 11-03-2020, 07:20 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by A5BLASTER - 11-04-2020, 12:14 AM
What bolts are you guys using? - by Old Bob - 11-04-2020, 01:03 AM
What bolts are you guys using? - by ETEX HUNTER - 11-06-2020, 01:29 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by 1Shot - 11-06-2020, 06:34 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by Rkangel - 11-06-2020, 09:07 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by Texcl2 - 11-07-2020, 12:46 AM
What bolts are you guys using? - by Bobjones - 11-11-2020, 02:05 PM
What bolts are you guys using? - by olde sarge - 11-12-2020, 08:44 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)