I only have two CPD/Duramag twenty round mags which are good to go. The choice of magazines boils down to personal preference and Quality Control. I have thirty three different 6.5 Grendel mags for the AR-15 and they all work. Ive had to tweak two magazines to get reliable functioning. I do not own any of the D&H ten round 6.5 Grendel mags or the Amend 2 polymer ten round mag.
I really like the E-Lander 17 round and C Products Defense Duramag twenty round 6.5 Grendel mags. The biggest disadvantage of the E-Lander is the weight and reduced internal length for cartridges due to thicker sheet metal body. The CPD/D are lighter, are Stainless Steel construction and accept cartridge with longer overall length. I personally dont care for the appearance of the 26 round CPD/D mag but most users report good functioning. The AR Stoner from Midway are rebranded ASC mags and if the QC is good the ASC mags are reliable. Unfortunately the current buying frenzy makes it difficult to find any mags to purchase.
I suggest anyone buying 6.5 Grendel mags to buy from reputable vendors in the event you get a lemon and need to return a poor quality 6.5 Grendel mag. Overall I think the quality of 6.5 Grendel mags is improving but still to many lemons slip through. It is hard to gauge QC from the internet as your more likely to read about defective products than good production examples. I can live with two mags that needed tweaked out of thirty three mags.
As far as reloading components Im glad I stocked up when the items were available.
Aim Surplus and Gun Mag Warehouse have good prices on CPD/D 6.5 Grendel mags. Brownells (Mil/LE or C&R discount) or LaRue Tactical have good prices on E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags.
I really like the E-Lander 17 round and C Products Defense Duramag twenty round 6.5 Grendel mags. The biggest disadvantage of the E-Lander is the weight and reduced internal length for cartridges due to thicker sheet metal body. The CPD/D are lighter, are Stainless Steel construction and accept cartridge with longer overall length. I personally dont care for the appearance of the 26 round CPD/D mag but most users report good functioning. The AR Stoner from Midway are rebranded ASC mags and if the QC is good the ASC mags are reliable. Unfortunately the current buying frenzy makes it difficult to find any mags to purchase.
I suggest anyone buying 6.5 Grendel mags to buy from reputable vendors in the event you get a lemon and need to return a poor quality 6.5 Grendel mag. Overall I think the quality of 6.5 Grendel mags is improving but still to many lemons slip through. It is hard to gauge QC from the internet as your more likely to read about defective products than good production examples. I can live with two mags that needed tweaked out of thirty three mags.
As far as reloading components Im glad I stocked up when the items were available.
Aim Surplus and Gun Mag Warehouse have good prices on CPD/D 6.5 Grendel mags. Brownells (Mil/LE or C&R discount) or LaRue Tactical have good prices on E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags.

